Five-week summer youth services for eligible youth, ages 16-24 who are referred by Opportunity for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD).
The five-week Summer Youth Program includes:
- New employee group orientation covering information about the worksite, dress code, attendance expectations, payroll, an HR presentation and activities from "Skills to Pay the Bills" curriculum.
- Five-week, 20 hour, paid experience (based on worksite/referral source requests); youth participant will be paid minimum wage
- Experienced job coaching at all work sites
- Reporting with final summary
- Click here to learn more: Summer Youth Work Experience 2021 Toledo
- Click here to learn more: Summer Youth Work Experience 2021 Defiance
The three-week Career Exploration includes:
- Tour work sites, interact with businesses and learn more about employers, specific jobs and job requirements, and what employers are looking for in deciding who to hire.
- Learn about your interests, skills, and talents and how they match up with potential job goals/career paths.
- Human Resource professionals from local businesses will discuss what they are looking for in new employees.
- Click here to learn more: Youth Career Exploration 2020 Toledo
- Click here to learn more: Youth Career Exploration 2020 Defiance
Participants will practice aspects of job search including:
- How to research job leads
- Completing job applications
- How to market your skills in an interview
- Obtain information on community resources available to job seekers
- Understand social media and what information employers are aware of
13th Street Location
1946 North 13th Street
Toledo, Ohio, 43604
6825 State Route 66 North
Defiance, Ohio, 43512
Woodley Road location
3909 Woodley Road
Toledo, Ohio, 43606
The Central Community Health Board of Hamilton County- Maxwell
522-532 Maxwell Avenue
Cincinnati, OH, 45219
Findlay Vocational Office
7746 County Road 140
Findlay, OH, 45840
Vocational Rehabilitation and Career ServicesAdults Teens
Career Connections is a unique program designed to assist individuals with career assessment, job seeking and interview skills training and job coaching for successful employment placement based on individual strengths and interests.Learn More