Career Connections offers five-week summer youth services for eligible youth, ages 16-24 who are referred by Opportunity for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD).
The five-week Summer Youth Program includes:
- New employee group orientation covering information about the worksite, dress code, attendance expectations, payroll, an HR presentation and activities from "Skills to Pay the Bills" curriculum.
- Five-week, 20 hour, paid experience (based on worksite/referral source requests); youth participant will be paid minimum wage
- Experienced job coaching at all work sites
- Reporting with final summary
The three-week Career Exploration includes:
- Tour worksits, interact with businesses and learn more about employers, specific jobs and job requirements, and what employers are looking for in deciding who to hire.
- Learn about your interests, skills, and talents and how they match up with potential job goals/career paths.
- Human Resource professionals from local businesses will discuss what they are looking for in new employees.
Participants will practice aspects of job search including:
- How to research job leads
- Completing job applications
- How to market your skills in an interview
- Obtain information on community resources available to job seekers
- Understand social media and what information employers are aware of
13th Street Location
1946 North 13th Street
Toledo, Ohio, 43604
6825 State Route 66 North
Defiance, Ohio, 43512
Woodley Road location
3909 Woodley Road
Toledo, Ohio, 43606
Commerce Drive Location
800 Commerce Drive
Perrysburg, Ohio, 43551
Devlac Grove Location
1033 Devlac Grove
Bowling Green, Ohio, 43402
Vocational RehabilitationAdults Teens
Career Connections is a unique program designed to assist people in improving the quality of their lives by helping them obtain and maintain employment that suits their individual skills and interests.Learn More