The Central Community Health Board of Hamilton County (CCHB) is a private, non-profit comprehensive community-based behavioral health organization that provides mental health and chemical dependency treatment and HIV prevention services to the citizens of the Greater Cincinnati / Hamilton County, Ohio.
Harbor has formed a joinder agreement with The Central Community Health Board of Hamilton County (CCHB). The agreement allows both agencies the opportunity to expand their programs and work together to grow and enhance the complimentary services each has to offer.
CCHB was founded in 1970 and was conceived, designed and implemented in response to community interest in improving the quality of life for community members through the provision of specialized behavioral health services. The original service catchment area included all inner city neighborhoods of Cincinnati whose residents were predominately African American, most of whom were generally underserved by traditional health care systems.
The Narcotic Addiction Program, which specialized in the medication assisted treatment of opiate dependent individuals, was the first operative component of CCHB when it was funded and licensed in 1971. Shortly thereafter, CCHB expanded its program base to include an array of behavioral health treatment and prevention services for children, adults and elderly citizens diagnosed with severe and moderate mental disorders.
The organization’s guiding principles are to:
- Create a neutral, objective and supportive environment allowing diverse stakeholders to participate and build a consensus.
- Improve efficiency and quality of health care in the region.
- Effectively engage consumers in making improved lifestyle and health care choices.
- Have transparency and accountability guiding all endeavors.
- Provide program outcomes which are measurable.
Our service components include:
- Adult Outpatient Services
- Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment
- Crisis Stabilization Center (Residential Treatment)
- Day Treatment (Partial Hospitalization)
- Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Partnership Program (ADAPT)
- HIV Early Prevention and Intervention Project
- Residential Program Services (Adult Care Facilities)
- Prevention and Education Services
CCHB is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), funded and certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health AND Addiction Services (ODMHAS), the and the Hamilton County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board (HCMHRSB).